Follow my blog with Bloglovin
I gave myself what seemed a monumental task: write one blog post everyday for the entire month of August. Guess what? I DID it! I told just one other person about this, she listening to me, encouraged me, and just spurred me on, in chatting 'blogs' with me.
- I've always felt I lacked focus with this blog. I felt like I didn't know what God wanted me to do with my blog. So I was very inconsistent, and all over the place.
- As the month progressed, I've cleaned things up, here and there.
- Gone through my previous posts, and cleaned them up little, took some off the blog completely, and in the process, got inspired to re-post some of them at a later date.
- I learned that I love writing, and I miss it if I got too many days without it. Typing, or hand written, doesn't seem to matter. Just getting the words down.
- I learned that sometimes it doesn't have to be pretty, what I share. Just honest.
- I feel the call stronger than before, to keep writing, but with intentional thought this time.
- I know I now have a direction, and basic schedule that I will stick too.
- Not everything I write, needs to be out there in the blog-a-sphere. But it still makes for good inspiration!
- EVERYTHING is inspiration for a post now.
What I would do differently, should I attempt this again:
- Pray again!
- Decide if I have a theme, and enough thoughts on it, to blog daily for approximately 30 days.
- Be more organized. I was all over the place, and should I do it again, I'd want a better focus.
- Invite others to write a post for a guest spot. Something I haven't done myself, though I've been invited too! It seems like fun. :D
- Plan for down day posts, like a simple thought, or picture. To give myself a break from having to be 'on' all the time!
Ideas on topic for next time:
- Godly Marriage
- Book Reviews
- Social Media and it's effects on society today
That's about it! Other things will be revealed in time! :D
PS: I'm going to take a SHORT break this week, from blogging, and begin refreshed and back to my new blogging schedule next week, starting September 9th! If you'd like to subscribe to my NEW monthly NEWSLETTER, Coffee With Peggy, Sign up below!
In my newsletter you'll get a wrap up of the previous month, a little chit-chat from me on things I haven't posted here in the blog, and eventually, some surprises!!! ;-)